Monday, October 8, 2012

Nail-aween Challenge Day 2: Matte Dotticure

I was truly at a loss of any good ideas when it came to Day 2 of Nail-aween Challenge, a matte dotticure. A few ideas ran through my mind, but none of them seemed good enough. As soon as I saw ArcadiaNailArt's Witch's Brew manicure, I was in love. Not only is it sheer Halloween perfection, but it can be done for the most part with a dotting tool...


I started with a base of Maybelline Cool Couture, a dark gray cream with a teal shimmer. Using a dotting tool I added the green "brew" in Maybelline La La Lime and topped it off with OPI Zom-body to Love for some glow in the dark action. Then I added the glitter, eyeballs and spiders all following ArcadiaNailArt's  Witch's Brew tutorial. Keep reading for a full list of supplies used. Since the challenge is for a matte dotticure, I matted the whole thing using Essie Matte About You...




A bit of glow in the darkness thanks to OPI Zom-body to Love happening here... I love how the spider on the ring finger turned out and as for the rest... it is a bit hard to tell what it really is :)


Here is what it looked like before the matte top coat. Pretty cute, but I ended up loving the matte version...



Here is the full list of supplies used:
Maybelline Cool Couture - Gray base
Maybelline La La Lime - Green "brew" base
OPI Zom-Body to Love - Green glow in the dark overlay for "brew"
OPI Rainbow Connection - Glitter bits
Eyeballs: Wet' n Wild French White Cream, Sally Hansen Complete Salon in Model Mehavior (blue), Wet 'n Wild Black Cream
Spiders: Wet 'n Wild Black Cream, Essie Size Matters (red eyes)
Essie Matte About You for matte top coat


Maybelline Cool Couture is a dark gray with teal shimmer. I'm completely in love with this polish right now and cannot believe it took me this long to try it. I have a weakness for dark gray as it is, but the teal shimmer is something special. It took two coats for full coverage and no top coat used for the swatches here...




A closer peek at the shimmer...


Swatch Details
Brand: Maybelline
Line: Express Finish
Color Name/Number: Cool Couture, 125
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: No

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

I would love to know what you think of all of this!
Also, be sure to check out my inspiration, Witch's Brew by ArcadiaNailArt...

P.S. Don't forget to take a look at all the other lovelies participating in the challenge...
datyorkLOVES, Erica's Nails and More, DreamyMM Nails & Make Up, Tes Did It Nails, Sassy Paints, Nicole gets Nailed , glitznglammer, Finger Food, Wicked Tips, Fancy Schmancy Nails, Delight In Nails, Polish Groupie, My Nail Journey, Get Polished Up!, Just A Girl and Her Polish, Spellbound Nails, Le nail's corner d'Alex, Hello.Lacquer, Countess Nails , Color the world with polish, Nail Crime Nail Art, Coat of Mani Colors, Cutie Cuticles, Nail-Aween Nail Art Challenge, GLAMOROUS NAILS, Over The Topcoat, Polish Gone Crazy, tragedystipsandtreats

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

8 comments:

  1. My jaw dropped, this is SO cute, I love how you used the dots to make eyeballs and spiders!!!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool, the base color is so pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the matte finish and that it's glowing in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matte is my fave and then you add glow in the dark!! GAH! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @glitznglam, thank you so much! I think I fell in love with the dot eyeballs and spiders when I saw it too :)

    @nail crazy, thank you so much! :)

    @Whitney, I'm glad you like them! I do think they are perfect for Halloween! :)

    @MissAdelinne, thank you so much!

    @Nicole, hehe! I'm so glad you like it. Can't do without glow in the dark on Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this look done a few times and its super cute, but using a glow in the dark polish for the green ooze is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I'm so glad that you like the glow in the dark as much as I do. This is the one time of the year I am tempted to add it to every manicure :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...